"A day in the life of a mom is a series of fractional moments that while small, when put together in the spectrum of a day, add up like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that can be overwhelming, exhausting, gratifying, and exhilarating all at the same time." ~my thought as I am nursing and wondering where the day went.





Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Simple Things...

My husband was home today!  So thankful for the extra help with the kids so I could get ready for "The Great Thanksgiving Feast"!  I started my day by dropping off my oldest at school and running to the store for a few things.  I got home, put the sweet potatoes on the stove, and began making my pecan pies until I realized I had no corn syrup.  So I hopped back in the car only to drive to the same store I had been to once already today!  When I got home, Curious George wanted to help me make the pies so I had him wash his hands and put his apron on and off we went.  He really loves food and helping me bake so I try to have patience and let him help (which sometimes turns into more work).  Anyway, he did pretty well until I was busy with something, then he decided to start his own agenda which included stirring my pecan pies (in the pie crust) prior to cooking, got into the flour and attempted to put way more than needed into my sweet potato casserole.  All in all, it was a lovely day at home with my family and very nice having Tony home to help with the little diaper diva who doesn't believe in naps! 

Oh, if you like Sweet potatoes, have I got the recipe for you:

Sweet Potato Casserole
3 c. mashed sweet potato
1 c. sugar                                                                    
1/2 c. melted butter                                                      
2 eggs beaten
1/2 c. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping: 1 c. brown sugar, 1/2 stick butter, 1/3 c. flour
Boil sweet potato whole, cool, peel, and mash. Mix all ingredients together and place in 9x13 pan. Add topping by mixing it together and sprinkling over casserole and bake 350 for 35min.
Soooo YUMMY!! Kids love it!  Let me know how you like it.

Well off to snuggle up with the hubby and watch a movie.  Have a great night.

No comments: