"A day in the life of a mom is a series of fractional moments that while small, when put together in the spectrum of a day, add up like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that can be overwhelming, exhausting, gratifying, and exhilarating all at the same time." ~my thought as I am nursing and wondering where the day went.





Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Time of Thanks...

I would like to start a weekly survey.  Just a question with a few choice answers, but I would like some help with ideas.  Anything goes...so are there any questions you would like to have answered or know where other moms stand on a topic?  Think about it, I am sure you'll come up with some good ones.  Leave your comments in the comments section at the bottom of my post and we will see what we can come up with.  Thanks!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  I would like to personally thank all of the wonderful people I have in my life for everything they do and have done for me throughout this year and always.  And to all the men and women who have served or are currently serving our great country and their families, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  We have so much to be thankful for as moms, sisters, wives, daughters, and Americans.  Sometimes we forget that time is precious and will not stand still, even for a moment.  We get unravelled in the day to day grime, exhausted, and sometimes even forget who we are or were before we were moms.  Who are you?  How would you describe yourself?  A mom, a wife, a daughter....Dig deeper...you are much, much more.  I have had many days that I have asked myself these questions, struggled to come up with anything other than a mom.  But we are much more...being a mom doesn't just define who we are, it is only part of who we are.  Granted it is a big part and takes a lot of your time but it isn't all of your identity.  So on those days you wake up wondering how you got to this point, with uncombed hair, no make-up, sweatpants, and a dusty, toy-filled home, take a look in the mirror and try to remember all those things that make up who you are, the person your parents raised, the women your husband fell in love with, the things you enjoyed doing and do something for yourself.  We spend so much time taking care of everyone else and trying to make everyone else happy, we tend to put ourselves last and it is normal but we still need to take care of ourselves first sometimes otherwise everyone will suffer in the end.  It doesn't make us any less of a mom but actually will help us be more. 
Take time to realize how special your life is, hold those little ones close and enjoy every minute, pray for the parents who have lost theirs, kiss your husband and remember the wife who has lost hers, tell your parents you love them, they will not always be here and tell your friends how much they have enriched your life.  Happy Thanksgiving, now go eat your fill, laugh, and be merry!

No comments: