"A day in the life of a mom is a series of fractional moments that while small, when put together in the spectrum of a day, add up like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that can be overwhelming, exhausting, gratifying, and exhilarating all at the same time." ~my thought as I am nursing and wondering where the day went.





Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!

Well, it's official...I am another year older!  Time seriously goes too fast...can't believe I am already 33... oh, I mean 25 (for the 8th year in a row)!  Well the week started out great, I went to my first weigh in and lost 5lbs in a week!  Hopefully it will continue.  The hardest thing about it is tracking every morsel that I eat.  Trying to find the time between all of the "mommy" stuff but it must be done.  I need to take care of me because really who else will?  So my 3 year old was making me a birthday card and asked me to help him write my name and just by habit I wrote Nikki and he says,"No that isn't right, Mom starts with M!"  How cute!  So we wrote both on the card and I can't honestly tell you what else was on that card!  He drew me a picture of something and said, "you know what that is right, mom?"  I said, "Of course."  Didn't have a clue but I didn't want to hurt any feelings.  I am really looking forward to going out to celebrate my birthday with some friends on Saturday.  Although I have been saving all of my 49 Extra Weight Watchers Points because my favorite drink costs me 4pts a glass.  That is going to add up fast and I am guessing I won't lose another 5lbs this week.  Oh well, I figured it would be a slow process.  Easy to pack on, hard to get off!! 
"I can show you anything...on my belly, belly, belly screen.." (Umizoomi) Wow, you know you're a mom when the only tunes in your head are cartoon theme songs!  Hey that gives me an idea...we'll call it the, "You know you're a mom when... Chronicles."  If you think of one, click COMMENTS at the bottom of my post and let me know what you came up with. I will post a few of my favorites in my next post.  I think that will be fun and I am sure all you moms out there can come up with one! Signing off for now...as always... Thanks for listening and feel free to drop me a line!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be 33 in February and I have to admit, I'm actually depressed about it.

Oh and you know you're a mom when a night on the town means chuck e. cheese with a side trip to Walmart for milk.