"A day in the life of a mom is a series of fractional moments that while small, when put together in the spectrum of a day, add up like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that can be overwhelming, exhausting, gratifying, and exhilarating all at the same time." ~my thought as I am nursing and wondering where the day went.





Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Time to join the gym...

Well, I had my 3rd Weight Watchers weigh in last night and to my surprise I lost another 4lbs this week for a grand total of 11lbs in my first 3 weeks!  I was so excited...mostly since I haven't even begun to work out yet.  I will however, be joining the gym today just to ensure I continue to lose and keep toning this body I was left with after 3 children!  It is amazing the damage children can do to your body!  Don't get me wrong, I love my children and don't regret a minute however, I could have easily done without the extra weight, stretch marks (looks like a bear clawed me up both sides of my stomach), cavities (which I never had until my 1st was born), astigmatism in my left eye, loss of short term memory (or as I call it, Mommy brain), and the kicker, lack of sleep!  It amazes me that I can still carry on throughout the day in my hazy state of mind, on my 3-4 hours of broken sleep, or maybe I don't carry on...I can't remember! LOL 
I received a few more "You know you're a mom when..." chronicles, keep'em coming.
1. "You know you're a mom when at the end of a long day, spider man shampoo will do just fine for a quick shower before bed." 
2.  "You know you're a mom when your idea of a night out on the town is an hour trip to the grocery store while your husband watches the kids."
3.  "You know you're a mom when you don't even bother to close the bathroom door anymore because you are never alone."
4.  "You know you're a mom when you pull over on the side of the road, not because of the police, but because of the little angels in the backseat."
5.  "You know you're a mom when every time you get in the car, someone needs to go to the bathroom."
These are so cute...please if you think of any, click the comments button at the bottom of my blog and send them to me.  I must sign off for now, my little diaper diva is awake!  As always, thanks for listening....

No comments: