"A day in the life of a mom is a series of fractional moments that while small, when put together in the spectrum of a day, add up like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that can be overwhelming, exhausting, gratifying, and exhilarating all at the same time." ~my thought as I am nursing and wondering where the day went.





Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just another crazy day....

My morning began at 5am when Sissy woke up. I wasn’t ready to get up so I got her out of her crib and brought her back to bed with me to nurse. At some point, I dosed off and awoke at 6:30am drowsy with my breast still hanging out and Sissy snuggled up to it. I put her back in her room and proceeded to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I got in there, I glanced at the mirror and noticed this red blotchy spot on my breast. I put my glasses on to take a closer look. I then realized Sissy must have gotten hungry again at some point (while I was in a coma) and missed the mark because I now have a hicky on my breast! I chuckled to myself a bit and turned around to get into the shower and WHAM... fell flat on my butt. Apparently Curious George, (my 3yr old) was into the toothpaste again as it was left on the floor (and opened)! Cleaned up the mess, took my shower, out the door at 7:30am with all three kids. Dropped Einstein off at school, came home, left again at 9:30am for Play and Learn Class until 11:30am, then off to McDonalds and to Wal-Mart, and finally to my dermatologist appt. at 1pm. Then back home by 2:30pm and off to pick up Einstein from the bus stop at 3:30pm! No wonder I am losing my hair! No kidding...I actually am losing my hair. He said I have Telogen Effluvium probably due to my pregnancy/childbirth with Sissy. I swear each one has left their own marks on my body (astigmatism, cavities, stretch marks, and now hair loss) but also in my heart! Motherhood is full of high and low moments, happy and sad, rip your hair out moments and those precious little quiet moments. Thanks for listening!

No comments: